Definition of Poverty

 

The IDB accepts the now established view that poverty is multi-dimensional. It defines poverty as encompassing not only
low income and consumption, but also low achievement in education, nutrition, primary health services, water and sanitation,
housing, crisis coping capacity, insecurity, and all other forms of human development. 

 

IDB Poverty Policy

 

While the Islamic solidarity Fund for Development (ISFD) benefits the poor segments and vulnerable groups in society in all member countries, priority is given to the least developed member countries (LDMCs), especially those in the Sub-Saharan Africa. Hence, as a principle, 80% of the ISFD funding goes to LDMCs while the remaining 20% goes to poverty pockets in non-LDMCs, with concessional terms & conditions ranging from 0.75% to 2.0% for service charges, 7 to 10 years for grace periods, and 20 to 30 years for repayment periods.

 

 IDB Poverty Policy

 Download ISFD Poverty Policy